Composite Flat is Alway Accurate 3D to 2D Flattening
Composite Flat flattens 3D composite designs into 2D flat patterns. Unlike, other programs, Composite Flat is always accurate.
Here are the top 7 reasons why:
- Composite Flat takes into account the physical properties of the material. This includes the warp, weft, surface shape, stretch, as well preserving the relationships between directly adjacent pattern pieces.
- There are 7 different finite element algorithms including “de-wrinkle” and “smooth” to create accurate patterns.
- Composite Flat has precision control of the topology of mesh elements to help improve accuracy.
- ExactFlat provides detailed strain, sag and energy density feedback, to assess and fine tune the accuracy of results.
- Strain, sag, and energy density feedback can be used to pinpoint locations for relief cuts and darts.
- Composite Flat also flattens and preserves markings and drill locations from 3D to 2D
- Composite Flat tracks and preserves locations in 3D and 2D to ensure perfect alignment of 2D pattern pieces.
Composite Flat is for composite designs and parts
Composite Flat is new software for the rapid prototyping and manufacturing of carbon fibre composite products. It is made by Tri-D Technologies, makers of the ExactFlat family of products. For more than 10 years Tri-D Technologies has provided 3D to 2D digital pattern making software for textiles and composites.
Our workFlow is digital and we have bypassed manual processes
The Composite Flat vision is a 100% digital workflow from 3D design to 2D pattern to automated cutter. We seek to make 3D to 2D digital pattern making easy, automated, and fully integrated into industrial workflows for all segments.
We Are Leaders in Composite Flattening
Over the last 10 years, our team of engineers has flatten well over 100,000 3D models. These models come from nearly every industry, with products and 3D models of any type and format. We have flatten 3D models, laser scanned data, digitized data, you name it we have flattened it.